[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: jBPM 3.3.0GA and Oracle causing StaleObjectStateExceptio

jjrs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 17 12:00:16 EST 2008

I have  a similar problem, although in my case the nodes have async='true'.
  The exception I get is

  | org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException: Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.graph.exe.Token#48]
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.check(AbstractEntityPersister.java:1769)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.update(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2412)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.updateOrInsert(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2312)
  | 	at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.update(AbstractEntityPersister.java:2612)
  | 	at org.hibernate.action.EntityUpdateAction.execute(EntityUpdateAction.java:96)
  | 	at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.execute(ActionQueue.java:279)
  | 	at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:263)
  | 	at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:168)
  | 	at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:298)
  | 	at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1000)
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:338)
  | 	at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:106)
  | 	at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.commit(DbPersistenceService.java:262)
  | 	at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.close(DbPersistenceService.java:218)
  | 	at org.jbpm.svc.Services.close(Services.java:236)
  | 	at org.jbpm.JbpmContext.close(JbpmContext.java:136)
  | 	at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.executeJob(JobExecutorThread.java:190)
  | 	at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.run(JobExecutorThread.java:60)

 I have tried::
   - all the possible isolation levels (as suggested in the forum).
   - the different "lock" options in the join and in the fork.
   - tried to put back the flush that Tom removed some time ago in the Join class.
   - selected the correct hibernate dialect.

 But I still have the same issue.

  The StaleObjectStateException is making one of the nodes to be executed twice, but if you have a more complicated graph, it's making a part of the graph not to be executed at all.

  Any idea about how to proceed ? I saw that the issue JBPM-1757 was Deferred to 3.3.2 planned for May 2009. Is there any way that we could get the Join and Fork with parallel processing of nodes (async=true) before?

    Does anyone have a similar configuration running in Oracle with 3.3.0GA or is it something that simply is not working yet due to a regression error ?

  I would really appreciate any help, as I have been investigating the issue,  reading the forum entries, and trying different configurations for almost a week, and I am still not able to make it work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197186#4197186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197186