[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Secure EJBs and jndi.properties

OrangeMetallicFrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 19 04:02:27 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've got a web service that is calling a secured EJB.  However, I keep getting security exceptions when the EJB is tried to be created.

The code for creating the EJB sets the principal and credentials before creating the InitialContext.  I think the problem may be related to this not creating properly.

I changed the jndi.properties file in the conf directory to reflect the settings used in the remote client (which works) and everything works (although I did have to code in the principal and credentials to the jndi.properties).  This suggests to me that something isn't quite right and perhaps I need to provide a jndi.properties file in my WAR file to set these properties?

Or am I missing something much much simpler than all this?

Thanks for your help!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197542#4197542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197542