[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Deploying an EJB3 MDB as stopped?

pbaker01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 19 09:46:02 EST 2008

Hi again,  I have continued to research this problem but still have not found a solution.

JBoss 5.0.0 GA
JBoss Messaging

I'll state my problem a different way.
I have a message producer that can generate upward to 50K messages.  I would like to be able to control when the MDBs consume the messages.  I would like this control to be performed using JMX or programatically.

1) There are no operations on the MDB via jmx to stopDelivery().
So, how do I prevent the MDB from consuming the messages?
2) Is there a code example of how to stop the MDB (using invoker??) ?

During this testing cycle I am deploying the application via Eclipse as an exploded archive.

In jmx the following entries are displayed for: jboss.j2ee
anonymous wrote : ear=WAB_EJB.jar,jar=WAB_EJB.jar,service=EJB3
  | jar=WAB_EJB.jar,name=AirlineEjbBean,service=EJB3
  | jar=WAB_EJB.jar,name=SSMListener,service=EJB3
  | jar=WAB_EJB.jar,name=SsimEjbBean,service=EJB3
  | jar=WAB_EJB.jar,name=SubscriberEjbBean,service=EJB3
  | service=EARClassLoaderDeployer
  | service=EARDeployer

When I select the SSMListener (the MDB), there is only one operation: getTimerService.
How do I expose stopDelivery()?

Any help will be GREATLY appreocated.
Paul - ATL

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197656#4197656