[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Advice needed on using Hibernate with Portlets

JohnnyTheHun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 19 12:35:29 EST 2008

I want to use a HibernateSession to store and retrieve my data.

Question one: does opening and closing a Hibernate session 10 times introduce a drastic overhead compared to opening and closing it once? (In this scenario there can be a good few hundred concurrent users)

If it does, how can I use one session for all portlets?

Ex:

HibernateSession gets opened();
[Portlet1: processAction()]
Portlet2: doView()
Portlet1: doView()
Portlet3: doView()
HibernateSession gets closed();

To put it another way:

1. How can I run code BEFORE any portlet (processAction or doView) method gets called?

2. How can I run code AFTER all (processAction and doView) methods have been called?

Thanks,
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197708#4197708

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197708