[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: do not auto commit after method is returned

ywtsang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Dec 21 09:07:55 EST 2008

persistence.xml:

  | <persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
  |    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd"
  |    version="1.0">
  |   <persistence-unit name="angelfish">
  |     <jta-data-source>java:/OracleDS</jta-data-source>
  |     <properties>
  |       <property name="hibernate.ejb.cfgfile" value="hibernate.cfg.xml"/>
  |     </properties>
  |   </persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

hibernate.cfg.xml:

  | <hibernate-configuration>
  |   <session-factory>
  |     <property name="connection.datasource">java:/OracleDS</property>
  |     <property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect</property>
  |     <property name="show_sql">true</property>
  |     <property name="format_sql">true</property>
  |   </session-factory>
  | </hibernate-configuration>

class annotations of session bean

  | @Clustered
  | @Stateless
  | @Interceptors(SpringLifecycleInterceptor.class)
  | @Remote(XXX.class)
  | @PermitAll
  | @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
  | @TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)

i have tried to add the @TransactionAttribute to the method, it also does not work

in fact, i also tried to implement SessionSynchronization
but for the all three callback methods

  | afterBegin
  | afterCompletion
  | beforeCompletion

i have added debug print outs, it seems that the SessionSynchornization methods are not called

but i am quite sure a transaction should be opened, otherwise, i will receive complain from hibernate ,
the situation now is, no exception occurs in executing the session bean method, every thing looks fine except that the updated data is not committed/flushed to db, unless we call hibernate session's flush explicitly

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4197857#4197857

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4197857