[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: can NOT run ant deploy-jboss500

davidyu8888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 25 00:57:49 EST 2008

Peter,

Thanks a lot for all the tips. The second post really resolved my issue, it seems to JBoss WebService and JBoss AS compatibility is the key. I believe I saw a XREF chart somewhere in the forum, but from the chart, it seems that the original versions I have should be compatible with each other. Anyway, after I change the JBoss WS to native 3.0.4 GA. The ant build file starts to work fine. BTW, I do NOT have any single pass in my JAVA_HOME, JBOSS_HOME or ANT_OPTS.

But something new and interesting happens aftetwards.

After I build JBoss WebService into JBoss AS (the build completed successfully), now I would like to bring up the JBoss AS to view the URL for JBoss Web Service: http://localhost:8080/jbossws/
At this stage, I have the following error to bring up JBoss AS.

"
java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file C:\Java\jboss-5.0.0.
GA\lib\endorsed\junit-4.5.jar
Press any key to continue . . .
"
To keep things moving, I deleted junit-4.5.jar from C:\Java\jboss-5.0.0.
GA\lib\endorsed, and now JBoss AS is brought up successfully, and I can view the homepage for JBoss WS.

While my question is:

In the JBoss WebService Installation Guide, it has: To build the examples you need JUnit. Download junit-4.X.jar from junit.org and copy into ${JBOSS_HOME}/lib/endorsed.  I am NOT sure whether my next Ant build will fail because I removed junit-4.5.jar already...

Do you or anyone know why I receive the error message: java/lang/ClassNotFoundException: error in opening JAR file? Is this another compatibility issue? Junit-4.5.jar is too new for this testing?

Thanks a lot and have a great Christmas.

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4198495#4198495

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4198495