[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: The invoker for locator (InvokerLocator [socket://xx.xx

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 31 02:25:36 EST 2008

It looks like you're creating TransporterServers on the client side, right?  I'm guessing each client has a TransporterServer to handle calls from the server to the client, right?  So, when you recreate a client, you're also recreating a TransporterServer.

The exception " The invoker for locator ... is already in use by another Connector." is thrown when you try to create a server (org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector) with an InvokerLocator that is currently associated with a server in the InvokerRegistry.  So, clearly, when your clients are shutting down, the TransporterServer's Connector is not shutting down.

When you explicitly remove the InvokerLocator from the InvokerRegistry, you're just masking the problem:  the server is still running and its ServerSocket is still bound.

Now, I don't know why your TransportServer isn't getting closed.  Check your code ... .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4198997#4198997

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4198997