[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: JBREM-877: New Socket Connection is being Created for Ev

kiwi_clive do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 31 11:57:02 EST 2008

Hi chaps,

Apologies if this has all been asked before but I cannot seem to find the definitive answer I was looking for and this post seems as close as I can get.

I am using jboss-4.2.2.GA, out of the box and using EJB3.

I see the same issues that were originally posted by Kumarselvan (JBREM-877), namely I see several sockets being closed when a client is obtaining a proxy connection and want to keep the socket open for the next request.

Having read your posts, I have edited
/Applications/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/ejb3.deployer/META-INF/jboss-server.xml so that the ejb3 connector now reads:

 <mbean code="org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector"
  |           name="jboss.remoting:type=Connector,name=DefaultEjb3Connector,handler=ejb3">
  |       <depends>jboss.aop:service=AspectDeployer</depends>
  |       <attribute name="InvokerLocator">socket://${jboss.bind.address}:3873/?invokerDestructionDelay=5000</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="Configuration">
  |          <handlers>
  |             <handler subsystem="AOP">org.jboss.aspects.remoting.AOPRemotingInvocationHandler</handler>
  |          </handlers>
  |       </attribute>
  |    </mbean>

On restarting jboss, I see no difference in behaviour.

I then downloaded jboss-remoting 2.4.0.GA and replaced the jboss-remoting.jar under server/default/lib, restarted the server but see no difference in behaviour.

Am I being really stupid ? I hope so.

How can I make the socket linger and be reused and cutdown on the socket creation/destruction overhead ?

Any assistance will be gratefully received :-)

Clive

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199071#4199071

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199071