[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: SMPC and could not enlist in transaction exception

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 1 17:07:24 EST 2008

according to section 8.3.1 of the Seam 2.0.0.GA ref doc, the example refers to a bookingDatabase for the SMPC tag config in components.xml.

What is the recommended best practice for handling situations like my post above where you need SMPC (for whatever reason, say so your conversation's inputted data is not persisted to the db until the conversation is ended, thus requiring flushMode=MANUAL, etc.) and your back-end consists of multiple db's?

How many SMPC's do we need to create/config then?  And it should depend on how many db servers are involved in the use-case/transaction.

what about web services?  do they require SMPC as well?  now that Seam added a feature of conversational web service methods...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125683#4125683

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125683