[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Creating Drop-Down from Foreign-Key-Constraint with Seam

pete007 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 1 18:15:23 EST 2008

Hello,

I have some table definitions according to the following schema (simplified for better understanding):

create table department
  | (
  |    id int not null auto_increment,
  |    name text,
  |    primary key (id)
  | );
  |
  | create table user
  | (
  |    id int not null auto_increment,
  |    username text,
  |    department_id int,
  |    primary key (id),
  |    foreign key (department_id) references department(id)
  | );
  |
  | insert into department set name='alpha';
  | insert into department set name='beta';
  | insert into department set name='gamma';

Then I created a CRUD-application with these commands:

  | seam setup
  | seam new-project
  | seam generate-entities
  | seam explode

Started JBoss, and everything works fine. Thanks a lot for this tool!

Now I need some hints, how to continue programming.

I am supposed to replace the "Select department"-Button by a drop-down-box containing all names of existing departments. Is there an easy way, to change the application to do this?

I have several roles, which are all allowed to modify different tables.
Where can I define Access-Rights for viewing and editing the lists?

And last one (for now :), where is the equivalent to the Tomcat-Manager in JBoss AS? I especially need the functions undeployment and deploy by war/ear-file-upload.

I appreciate any help, examples or links.

Thanks a lot, Peter

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125699#4125699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125699