[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to escape the # sign in a seam EL?

alllle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 1 18:23:38 EST 2008

Say in the following statement:

  | log.info("Saved article ##{article.id} successfully");

It will print "Saved article ##{article.id} successfully" directly, as seam found the first # sign and thinks "##" is not an EL and skips both # signs.

What I am doing now as workaround is:

  | log.info("Saved article #0#{article.id} successfully", "#");

Which prints "Saved article #123 successfully" correctly.

But this won't work in annotation when I specify the conversation value:

  | @Begin(value="Editing article ##{article.id}")

Does seam support escaping the # sign?
I also tried using the raw unicode value like: ".. \u0023#" and that didn't work neither.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125703#4125703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125703