[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ClassCastException with generated entities

anewton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 3 22:07:14 EST 2008

Alright, I found two generated entities with the @Version annotation on a property.  One property was a Date and the other a String.  According to the JavaDoc for @Version, it cannot be applied to either type.

I don't know why the seamgen/hbm2ddl marked a property of type String with @Version, but the property of type Date is understandable given that @Version can apply to sql TIMESTAMP.  At least that is what I gather.

After removing the @Version annotations, the error went away.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4125980#4125980

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4125980