[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Jboss Tools - Few first questions

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 4 09:48:49 EST 2008

"trouby" wrote :
  | 1) Right click on the server - I can't see a way to restart the server, only stop/start, is there a restart button somewhere?

When the server is running there is a Restart button in the main toolbar. Yeah - should probably be in the menu too (report in jira - thanks)

Note: that besides restart we also have the "touch" functionallity which touches the relevant descriptor depending on your current project type. That will result in the app to be redeployed, removing the need for most restarts.

anonymous wrote :
  | 2) I upgraded Jboss with Jboss WS ver 2, but for some reason, when starting the server through 'Jboss Server View' the WS are not working, when I start  the server via default 'run.bat' it works fine, what could be the reason for that?

Good question - I'm not much of webservices guy so don't know if WS 2 requires some special things for the startup. Could you please report it in our jira with info on what "WS are not working" means (e.g. stacktraces, examples, screenshots etc.)

anonymous wrote :
  | 3) Because of q2, when the server is started not via tools, saving files are not being deployed to the server, is it possible to keep deploying files to the server when the server is off?

You can use a deploy only server which does not actually start nor stop the server, but just maintains the deployment directory.

anonymous wrote :
  | 4) Is there any support for Seam's hot deploy with the tools?

the projects are preconfigured to have hotdeploy working (e.g. source and classes splitted up so action src goes to WEB-INF/dev which seam will pick up)

Thanks in advanced,
Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126190#4126190

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126190