[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: Jboss Tools - Few first questions

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 4 10:04:03 EST 2008

Hey,

anonymous wrote :
  | When the server is running there is a Restart button in the main toolbar. Yeah - should probably be in the menu too (report in jira - thanks)
  |
  | Note: that besides restart we also have the "touch" functionallity which touches the relevant descriptor depending on your current project type. That will result in the app to be redeployed, removing the need for most restarts.

This is weird, right-click on the server menu has a restart button, I guess it was lately added :)

Did you mean the 'twiddle server' option?

anonymous wrote :
  | Good question - I'm not much of webservices guy so don't know if WS 2 requires some special things for the startup. Could you please report it in our jira with info on what "WS are not working" means (e.g. stacktraces, examples, screenshots etc.)

Well, this is probably related to some startup configurations, how the tools starts Jboss? I guess it does not use the startup shell scripts (run.bat/run.sh/conf/etc...)

anonymous wrote :
  | You can use a deploy only server which does not actually start nor stop the server, but just maintains the deployment directory.

How do I do that? for now, if the server is stopped any modification to files are not being deployed, then I have to use the clean option, etc... to redeploy everything.

Thanks for the detailed reply :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126200#4126200

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126200