[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Deleting work and tmp directories

snagar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 5 05:33:02 EST 2008

Hi All

Just wanted to understand whether it is mandatory after uploading WAR, EAR etc to clear the work and tmp directories. I have been instructed by our development team to do this for taking the latest deployed WAR take effect. However, I was wondering whether is is actually required and if it is then why should tmp and work directories emptied everytime a WAR/EAR is deployed.

I hope the question makes sense.

Regards
Shubham
InfoAxon Technologies