[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Deployment error using IIOP+EJB3+Jboss 4.05

olro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 6 11:41:44 EST 2008

No, it seems there is no way to do it the EJB3 way.
My solution was to make some pseudo EJB2.

I made an interface extendending EJBObject and dummy implementations of the EJBObject methods in the beans:

  | @Remote
  | public interface TestRemoteIF extends EJBObject
  | {
  |     public String sayName( String p_Name ) throws RemoteException
  |    {
  |
  |       return "Name";
  |
  |    }
  | }
  |

  | @Stateless
  | @RemoteBinding(factory=org.jboss.ejb3.iiop.IORFactory.class)
  | public class TestBean extends AbstractEJBBean implements TestRemoteIF
  | {
  |    private static final long serialVersionUID = -486897890441660788L;
  |
  |    public String sayName( String p_Name ) throws RemoteException
  |    {
  |
  |       return "Name";
  |
  |    }
  | }
  |
  | public abstract class AbstractEJBBean
  | {
  |
  |    /**
  |     * Konstruktor
  |     */
  |    public AbstractEJBBean()
  |    {
  |    }
  |
  |    /**
  |     * getEJBHome-Dummy
  |     *
  |     * @return EJBHome
  |     * @throws RemoteException RemoteException
  |     */
  |    public EJBHome getEJBHome() throws RemoteException
  |    {
  |       return null;
  |    }
  |
  |    /**
  |     * getHandle-Dummy
  |     *
  |     * @return Handle
  |     * @throws RemoteException RemoteException
  |     */
  |    public Handle getHandle() throws RemoteException
  |    {
  |       return null;
  |    }
  |
  |    /**
  |     * getPrimaryKey-Dummy
  |     *
  |     * @return Object
  |     * @throws RemoteException RemoteException
  |     */
  |    public Object getPrimaryKey() throws RemoteException
  |    {
  |       return null;
  |    }
  |
  |    /**
  |     * isIdentical-Dummy
  |     *
  |     * @param p_EJBObject EJBObject
  |     * @return boolean
  |     * @throws RemoteException RemoteException
  |     */
  |    public boolean isIdentical( EJBObject p_EJBObject ) throws RemoteException
  |    {
  |       return false;
  |    }
  |
  |    /**
  |     * remove-Dummy
  |     *
  |     * @throws RemoteException RemoteException
  |     * @throws RemoveException RemoveException
> [...]
At least it worked.

I can't give more help on this topic as I am using glassfish at the moment.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127080#4127080

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127080