[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: portalNode from portlet or layout ?????

bvogt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 6 14:31:38 EST 2008

Yes, I can confirm what Thomas said.

In portal 2.4 we started that way by creating a portlet providing different views of the navigation tree (primary and secondary navigation, different types of overviews and a sitemap).

In portal 2.6 we switched to a custom pageCustomizer to get/enhance (with custom data like a description for an entry) and render the navigation information.

Generalizing that topic has lead us to the ability of dynamically inserting navigation entries from external application (xml schema based) into a predefined entry point within the navigation.

That means, the current api is flexible enough to fit your needs and, if not, you can extend it in your own application

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127152#4127152

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127152