[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message priority does not seem to work

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 04:34:53 EST 2008

"ydzsidemiik" wrote :
  | During my testing, I was surprised to find that priorities set on JMS message objects (javax.jms.Message.setJMSPriority(int)) seem to be getting ignored. The "high priority" messages come out of the queue with their priority set to 4, which would explain why they are not being treated preferentially.

Yes that is how JMS is supposed to work.

JMSPriority must be set on the producer - any value set on the message itself is ignored. See JMS spec 1.1, 3.4.10.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127286#4127286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127286