[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - queue statistics

marcobaroetto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 06:26:27 EST 2008

Hello, I'm new into JMS and JBoss MQ. I wonder if it is possibile to access to a javax.jms.Queue statistics using jboss mq. I found the MessageCounter class into org.jboss.mq.server package but i don't know how to access it starting from a javax.jms.queue.

What i want to do is to check the current number of message in the queue from code without using a QueueBrowser.
Here is my code:

  | Properties props = new Properties();
  | QueueSession queueSession;
  | QueueSender queueSender;
  |
  | props.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | props.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming.client" );
  | props.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
  | props.setProperty("j2ee.clientName", "MessageClient");
  | Context ctx= new InitialContext(props);
  |
  | QueueConnectionFactory queueConnectionFactory =
  | (QueueConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
  |
  | QueueConnection queueConnection =
  | queueConnectionFactory.createQueueConnection();
  |
  | javax.jms.Queue queue = (javax.jms.Queue)ctx.lookup("queue/MyQueue");
  |
  | queueSession =
  | (QueueSession)queueConnection.createQueueSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
  |
  | queueSender = queueSession.createSender(queue);
  |
  | queueSender.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT);

thank you!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127323#4127323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127323