[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: EJB JAR inside EAR

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 11:41:01 EST 2008

Well, i'm puzzled now. You mentioned that you are using oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver class as the driver in which case removing the classes12.jar should have caused ClassNotFoundExceptions, unless this class is contained in some other jar in the classpath.

I have been thinking about your deployment usecase and to be honest, i am not yet sure why there's a ClassCastException (even if you have weblogic.jar and classes12.jar in the lib folder of the server - they will finally be loaded by a single classloader).

Can you try configuring classloader isolation for your application and package the weblogic.jar inside your EAR instead of placing it in the lib folder of the server? You can find the instructions here:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

Also, this wiki article http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases explains how classloading works in JBoss. You might want to read through it to understand what's the best way to package your application.

Let us know how it goes. If you are still running into that issue then let's see if there's any other way we can debug this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127479#4127479

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127479