[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: deployment of RAR inside of EAR

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 12:45:21 EST 2008

-ds.xml files are deployed before the EAR .
The -ds.xml file basically gets converted to the xml services during XSLSubDeployer , these converted services are deployed before the EAR .
Check this
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeploymentScanner
The ordering of suffixes is: "sar", "service.xml", "rar", "jar", "war", "wsr", "ear", "zip"

Can you make the -ds.xml file dependent on the EAR , this looks to me the dependency issue ?
I need to see the entire server.log file to verify this .
You can verify this from the server.log , you might notice that the EAR might be getting deployed after you see this error .

Before making -ds.xml dependent on EAR you can do simple test , you can try this
1) Start JBoss Server
2) After it is started , deploy the EAR which contains your RAR .
3) After the EAR is deployed you deploy the -ds.xml , this should work as the dependent EAR is already available .

If you still don't get it working send the -ds.xml+EAR at my email address .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127509#4127509

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127509