[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB Local Home in EJB 3.0

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 7 17:43:58 EST 2008

We are using Seam 2.0 with JBoss 4.2.1.GA.  In EJB3 session beans, you only need a local interface and the SFSB/SLSB implementation class.

There is no need for LocalHome interface with EJB3 as far as I know.

example:

@Stateful
  | @Name("orderAction")  //@Name is Seam specific annotation
  | public class OrderAction implements OrderActionLocal
  | {
  | }
  |
  | @Local
  | public interface OrderActionLocal
  | {
  | }

Via JSF EL, we execute public methods that are defined in both the interface and class above:

  | <h:commandButton id="update"
  |                           value="Update"
  |                          action="#{orderAction.updateOrder}"  />

The EJB3 expert group is planning on eliminated the local interface for session beans in the 3.1 spec.  http://bill.burkecentral.com/category/ejb-31/ They have already been eliminated local and remote for entity beans (JPA entities) in EJB3.

JSR220 - EJBCORE:

anonymous wrote : section 3.6.3

  | This was the only way of providing a local client view in EJB 2.1 and earlier releases. The local client view provided by the business interface in EJB 3.0 as described in Section 3.4 is now to be preferred.
  |
  | section 3.4
  |
  | The EJB 3.0 local or remote client of a session bean written to the EJB 3.0 API accesses a session bean through its business interface. The business interface of an EJB 3.0 session bean is an ordinary Java interface, regardless of whether local or remote access is provided for the bean.

Hope that helps!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127616#4127616

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127616