[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - log4j: loggin to different files + sheduler

Anna_Lut do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 10:47:02 EST 2008

I have pack:   mypack.myclass
in jboss(3.2.1) I configure 2 shedulers, which call myclass method  but with different parameters (parameters define log4j category for this sheduler)
scheduler-service.xml :

  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"  name=":service=Scheduler1">
  |        <attribute name="SchedulableClass">mypack.myclass</attribute>
  |        <attribute name="SchedulableArguments">paramValue1</attribute>
  |        <attribute name="SchedulableArgumentTypes">java.lang.String</attribute>
  |     </mbean>
  |
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler"  name=":service=Scheduler2">
  |        <attribute name="SchedulableClass">mypack.myclass</attribute>
  |        <attribute name="SchedulableArguments">paramValue2</attribute>
  |        <attribute name="SchedulableArgumentTypes">java.lang.String</attribute>
  |     </mbean>

In mypack.myclass constructor I initialize log4j category,  depending  on input parameter:

  | public class myclass{
  |     protected static Logger log;
  |
  |     public myclass(String log4jcategory) {
  |          log = Logger.getLogger(log4jCategory);
  |     }
  | }

in file all\conf\log4j.xml I describe this two categories:

  | <appender name="LOG1" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender">
  |   </appender>
  |    <appender name="LOG2" class="org.jboss.logging.appender.DailyRollingFileAppender">
  |   </appender>
  |
  |   <category name="paramValue1">
  |     <appender-ref ref="LOG1"/>
  |   </category>
  |
  |   <category name="paramValue2">
  |     <appender-ref ref="LOG2"/>
  |   </category>

But as a result, when sheduler starts .... from the begining  log4j  puts logdata  into 2 different files, but at the 3-d itteration of sheduler all data writes to one file.  And this one file choose randomly.

Why logdata is writtn to one log?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127868#4127868

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127868