[jboss-user] JBoss & Java Mail API: mail-service.xml configuration issue?

Stephen Davidson gorky at freenet.carleton.ca
Sat Feb 9 13:51:45 EST 2008

Hi Frusso.

I have in my code the following;
        String from = ........
        if (from == null)
            throw new IllegalArgumentException("No Origin Address");
        msg.setFrom(new InternetAddress(from));

Note: This dates back to 2002, so I don't remember everything about this API
right now, although I think that should be an NPE rather a
IllegalArgumentException getting thrown.  But I think one gets the idea of what
the Java code is doing to send a message.  I don't recall if the from was
needed, but it kind of looks like it from this snippet.

Regards,
Steve