[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Messaging Cluster scenarios

kapilanand do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 11 18:39:46 EST 2008

I have two questions regarding the messaging cluster. I could not find the answer in the documentation.

This is what I need to achieve:
Jboss messaging cluster to provide seamless fail-over for the publishing and subscribing clients.
Persistence and durable subscription are not needed. In other words, an unreliable but highly available replicated topic.

1. HA and load-balance without persistence
Messaging doc says that a shared DB is required for the cluster to work. Before that it states that the post-office will not work without a DS. I am aware that embedded DB may be configured to avoid persistence until a threshold of memory usage is hit.

My question related to this:
 - Would I need the shared DB even if I use these clustered post-offices to host non-persistent (non-durable) subscriptions, that is, is it used to manage the cluster information as well?
 - Is it OK to use HSQLDB or Derby if the above is not true?

2. Recovery from a cluster restart
Since Jboss messaging relies on a clustered ConnectionFactory registered in a clustered JNDI to provide the failover mechanism, would the client need to re-lookup JNDI and reopen connections and sessions to get back in business? This seems unnecessary since all participating post-offices seem to be bound to a pre-defined host and port, but then I am not sure how it is different from a clustered Stateless session bean.

thanks
kapil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128535#4128535

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128535