[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Specifying the server's URL in the client?

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 02:38:51 EST 2008

No one has any ideas on this?

Right now it looks like my options are either a) the client must fetch the WSDL every single time it makes a request, or b) the server's URL must be hard-coded in the WSDL file that is bundled with the client.

Neither of these are good.  There's no reason at all for the client to keep on fetching the WSDL.  If the WSDL were to change, the client wouldn't be able to work with it, because it wouldn't be able to process the interaction.  So there's really no point in a client fetching the WSDL.  But I don't want to hard-code the server URL in the bundled WSDL either.

Did Sun just not think of this?  Imagine a client which makes frequent requests, like a chat client for example.  This might make requests once per second or more.  Did they really think that it would be good to keep on fetching the same WSDL over the net, once per second, when that file can never even change?  The bandwidth on this hypothetical chat client would consist about 99% of the same WSDL transmitted over and over, and about 1% actual data.

I must be missing something.  Can this possibly be correct?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128603#4128603

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128603