[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Web Beans Sneak Peek

lauerc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 02:57:34 EST 2008

Seam has developed very well in the past months, especially regarding depen dency reduction and wider application server support.

Nevertheless the gap between the WebBean specification hasn't narrowed since the release of the early specification draft in october. This is quite critical because for example it's pretty clear that bijection is dead as the @Out annotation is no part of the specification and discussions have shown that it will not get into the standard. But since these features are still there they will be used. To me it's clear that there will be future migration paths away from Seam specific annotations towards the standard like it happended with the JPA standard to hibernate. But especially when concepts like outjection will vanish it will make migration quite hard.

So my question is: When will Seam to start to adopt the upcoming standard and when will this standard be available.

Best regards,
Christian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4128608#4128608

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4128608