[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Exadel, JBoss and Seam (Repost)

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 14:03:23 EST 2008

For those who have not yet seen the announcement here:

http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=44506

Let me give a quick summary of what is happening, and what it means for Seam users:

* The Exadel RichFaces JSF component suite, and the Exadel Studio Pro eclipse plugin suite are being released into open source as "JBoss RichFaces" and "Red Hat Developer Studio" under LGPL and GPL licenses respectively. Ajax4JSF, which was already open source, will also be hosted at JBoss.

* The existing team at Exadel will continue to develop RichFaces, RHDS and Ajax4JSF.

* Existing functionality in JBoss IDE will be integrated with Exadel Studio Pro and maintained by the existing JBoss IDE team.

* Future development of the combined toolset will emphasize support for Seam and also Hibernate. The goal here is to build a deeply integrated and insanely productive development environment that is comparable to Microsoft's .Net.

* Existing JSF components in Seam will be migrated to the Ajax4JSF CDK (component development kit).

* Since a vibrant JSF ecosystem is of absolutely critical importance to Seam, we will continue to work with the development teams of other component suites (icefaces, trinidad, woodstock, etc) to ensure that Seam and the JSF tooling works well with these products. IMO, there will never be a single dominant vendor in this space, since UI is such a personal thing. We will also be working to make it easier to use different component suites together. For example, Trinidad and RichFaces can already co-exist, but we've got some ideas for making the experience of using them together even better.

* Exadel and JBoss hope to make a big contribution to the next revision of JSF, slated for Java EE 6.

I would like to welcome the Exadel folks to the Seam community!

In case you havn't noticed, this is the best thing that has ever happened to Seam, and is going to take us to the next level on productivity. I've personally dreamed of an opportunity to lead an effort like this for a Long Time :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4025121#4025121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4025121