[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Jboss is always using UserRolesLoginModule instead of Client

ssiebel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 13 04:10:52 EST 2008

Hi,

i'm currently trying to use the ClientLoginModule in Jboss 4.2.1 in a JSF based WebApp.

I'm passing -Djava.security.auth.login.config==C:/auth.conf to the VM when starting the jboss app server.

auth.conf looks like this:

  | mylogin {
  | 	org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule required;
  | };

In my login Bean i'm creating a new login context like this:

  | final CallbackHandler cbHandler = new MyCallBackHandler(username, password.toCharArray(), clientId);
  | LoginContext loginContext = new LoginContext("mylogin", cbHandler);
  | loginContext.login();

The last line produces this error output on the console:

  | 10:04:18,466 ERROR [UsersRolesLoginModule] Failed to load users/passwords/role files
  | java.io.IOException: No properties file: users.properties or defaults: defaultUsers.properties found
  | 	at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.Util.loadProperties(Util.java:315)
  | 	at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.loadUsers(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:186)
  | 	at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.createUsers(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:200)
  | 	at org.jboss.security.auth.spi.UsersRolesLoginModule.initialize(UsersRolesLoginModule.java:127)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(Unknown Source)
  | 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
  | 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(Unknown Source)
  |
  | (...)

Can somebody help me with this? I read quite a lot of documentation and tutorials about that topic since yesterday but somehow don't get the point...

br,
Stefan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129027#4129027

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129027