[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Tomcat and JBoss messaging

jaya_srini do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 13 14:42:49 EST 2008

Hi

I have a tomcat app that needs to send and receive JMS messages from JBoss App server (4.2.2) with JBOSS messaging. Both the tomcat service and the JBoss App Server are on the same machine.

I made the following changes on the Tomcat side

1) Added the following to {catalina-home}/conf/context.xml
<Resource
name="/ConnectionFactory"
auth="Container" type="org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory" factory="org.jboss.jms.server.bridge.JNDIConnectionFactoryFactory" description="JBOSS JMS Connection Factory for sending recieving messages"
/Resource>

2) Added the following to web-inf/web.xml

 <resource-env-ref>
        <resource-env-ref-name>/ConnectionFactory</resource-env-ref-name>
        <resource-env-ref-type>org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory</resource-env-ref-type>
    </resource-env-ref>

3) In my java code I do the following

 mLog.info("creeating InitialContext");
         Properties jndiProps = new Properties();
         jndiProps.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
         "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
         jndiProps.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
         "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interface");
         jndiProps.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://10.195.4.123:1099");
         ic = new InitialContext(jndiProps);

         mLog.info("Looking up environment context");
         Context envCtx = (Context) ic.lookup("java:comp/env");

         mLog.info("Looking up  Connection factory");
         ConnectionFactory cf = (ConnectionFactory)envCtx.lookup("/ConnectionFactory");

When I run the above on Tomcat I get the following error

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: comp not bound

I verified JBOSS app server was running on port 1099. Can someone help?

thanks!
Jaya

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129243#4129243

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129243