[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Anybody got Seam 2.0.0 working with WebSphere 6.1 and EJ

ioannis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 13 20:24:31 EST 2008

I have the same problem, I get the same ClassCastException. I am using the Seam 2.0.1.GA jpa example application.

I have a WAS 6.1.0.13 EJB3 server on windows. I tried setting the classloader to application first for both web module and application. That did not help, even after restarts I still get the errors. I then deployed the application to another WAS server with same version but on linux and this time it worked.

Then I tried to port this to my own application. I have used the same components.xml and persistence.xml files that come with the jpa example. This application is deployed as an EAR file though. I got the same ClassCastException on Windows (as I expected) but I also got it on the linux server.

Any ideas? Any hope of fixing this in Seam (even if the problem is with WAS) to make it more stable.

Is there any other way to get hold of the EntityManager in my application on WAS (other than @PersistenceContext in an EJB)?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129288#4129288

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129288