[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Messaging Cluster scenarios

ataylor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 14 10:25:09 EST 2008

My question related to this:
  | - Would I need the shared DB even if I use these clustered post-offices to host non-persistent (non-durable) subscriptions, that is, is it used to manage the cluster information as well?
  | - Is it OK to use HSQLDB or Derby if the above is not true?
You need to use a shared database for clustering, HSQLDB is not usable for a clustered configuration.

2. Recovery from a cluster restart
  | Since Jboss messaging relies on a clustered ConnectionFactory registered in a clustered JNDI to provide the failover mechanism, would the client need to re-lookup JNDI and reopen connections and sessions to get back in business?

No, this will all be handled transparently by the client.

Please let me know if posting this via JBoss Network subscription will help me in getting the answers.
yes, we're just having a busy week. :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129419#4129419

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129419