[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Named conversation and new instance redirected to Home?

enda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 14 14:26:50 EST 2008

Hi Erik,

I would have two note for your solution.

1.

I do not know if Seam 2.1.0A1 undeprecated id in @Begin.
As you have

  | @Begin(join = true, id = #{facesContext.externalContext.requestParameterMap.forsendelseId}")

There were some issues why it got deprecated and note from Gavin King was to use pages.xml for it.  So if it is undeprecated then it is ok.

2.

  | <core:manager conversation-id-parameter="forsendelseId" />

this will work. But if you have let say two completely different entity Types in your conversational context and they have the same id. You would actually merge them.

What would help is this:

  | <h:dataTable id="forsendelser" value="#{forsendelser}" var="fors">
  |   <h:column>
  |     <s:link action="#{forsendelseaction.someactionmethod}">
  |        <f:param name="forsendelseId" value="#{fors.className}#{fors.id}" />
  |        #{fors.id}
  |      </s:link>
  |    </h:column>
  | </h:dataTable>

here you would know which entityType is in conversation context.

Please let me know what do think about that.

Tomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129478#4129478

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129478