[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Starting Jboss from within Eclipse Europa J2EE

kavitha_sundaram do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 16 01:39:19 EST 2008

Hi,

I pretty new to J2EE and Jboss, I am trying to get the two to work. I created a simple.jsp file within a J2EE project called simple, the file is within the Web Content folder. I start the JBOSS server from Eclipse and it deploys the project as simple.war. But when I try to hit the url, I get an error.

Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

Ok, heres the weird part, when I start the server from command line using run.bat, it works.

But really need to get it to work from eclipse. because it automatically deploys the application each time I make a code change.

I have set JAVA_HOME but have not set classpath.

Also I noticed that I don't get the following messages in the eclipse console
that I get on the command window when I start JBOSS.

JBoss Bootstrap Environment
.
  JBOSS_HOME: C:\developer\jboss-4.0.1sp1\bin\\..
.
  JAVA: c:\j2sdk1.4.2_10\bin\java
.
  JAVA_OPTS:  -Dprogram.name=run.bat -Xms128m -Xmx512m
.
  CLASSPATH: c:\j2sdk1.4.2_10\lib\tools.jar;C:\developer\jboss-4.0.1sp1\bin\\run.jar
.

If anyone here has the eclipse & JBOSS working together please help.
Your time and comments are greatly appreciated.

KS

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129803#4129803

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129803