[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Restart own application after error

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 16 03:48:38 EST 2008

JBoss allows you to redeploy (i guess that's what you mean by "restart") an application. If your application is deployed in exploded format (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ExplodedDeployment) then you can redeploy the application as follows:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=RedeployAnApplicationWhenChangeAFileInAnExplodedDeploymentDirectory

If your application is deployed as an zipped archive then all you have to do is delete it from the deploy folder and paste a new version (or even the same version) of the application in the deploy folder.

anonymous wrote : Right now the solution is to restart the whole server, which is not realy the way to choose in an productive environment

According to me, redeploying an application is best suited for development environments. I would prefer restarting the server in production environments to avoid any issues.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129810#4129810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129810