[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: <s:fileUpload> problem on Internet Explorer

kai222 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 16 16:51:52 EST 2008

I finally found out the reason why I had the problems in my application with IE6.

First, I added a <rich:calendar> tag inside the <h:form enctype="multipart/form-data"> in my xhtml. In the code above I removed this tag to shorten the code.... the result was a form in a form. Firefox can handle this, IE not. Silly error.

Second, the Seam Wiki example contains in its third part
http://linuxbeans.blogspot.com/2007/10/image-handling-in-seam-apps-part-iii.html a scale() method with

  |         String formatName = "";
  |         if ("image/png".equals(contentType))
  |             formatName = "png";
  |         else if ("image/jpeg".equals(contentType))
  |             formatName = "jpeg";

- but: the contentType in Firefox was "image/png" and "image/jpeg", but in IE it is "image/x-png" resp. "image/pjpeg" for my example images.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129845#4129845

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129845