[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam doesn't integrate with RichFaces?

hsiung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 16 17:11:23 EST 2008

Hi

I had a backing bean with a DataModel and DataModelSelection that was working with JSF h:dataTable.

Now I changed to RichFaces rich:datatable and I got an exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: value of context variable is not an instance of the component bound to the context variable: passengerFlight

I use the classic Seam s:link as well as the more tricky Tomahawk t:selectOneRadio. Should it work with RichFaces also?

As I understand the classic HotelBooking sample we can use Seam s:link or JSF h:commandLink or h:commandButton. But RichFaces already provides a selection mechanism. So I would like to make use of it.

How can I use Seam with RichFaces rich:scrollableDataTable and set Seam DataModelSelection?

I want to use Seam because I don't want to have RichFaces code all over the EJBs. If I use RichFaces selection I need RichFaces classes on the EJB-side.

Alain

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129848#4129848

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129848