[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Multiple persistence strategies in jbossMQ

thangle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 17 15:49:16 EST 2008

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : What you've done is to deploy two different JBossMQs so unless you are
  | looking up the correct connection factory for the correct topic it is not suprising
  | that you will get a topic not found error.

If changing code is not an option, how can we avoid error Queue doesn't exist?

My requirement is just a little difference. Some queues are persisted locally using hsqldb-jdbc2. But there are queues need to be persisted to global database (oracle). We are using jboss4.0.3.SP1
Currently, I have two DMs. I tried to set attribute "NextInterceptor" for DestinationManager (DM1) defined in hsqldb-jdbc2 to DestinationManager (DM2)defined in oracle-jdbc2. The deployment works. From JMX web, I can see 2 DMs (but NextInterception of DM1 has service of PersistentManager defined in DM2 instead of DM2 itself???).

Scenario1: I deployed Queue-A with DM1. Messages got on Queue-A. But they were not persisted to oracle database. It indicates that NextInterceptor defined in DM1 is not working? Is it expected behavior? Do I need to do extra work to make NextInterceptor setting for DM works?

Scenario2: QueueA is registered to DM2. I got the same error javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: The destination QUEUE.Queue-A doesn't exist (which is explained in above quote from Adrian). Can we have an option of failure tolerance in this queue lookup? Well, Queue-A was not in DM1 list but it was in DM2 list. If we let it pass here, the next interceptor in DM1 will call DM2 and it will see Queue-A there (of course, we assume next interceptor setting works in DM)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129975#4129975

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129975