[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Dedicated connection without connection pooling

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Feb 17 23:42:13 EST 2008

"chavali" wrote : Hi
  |  How do I dedicate a connection per user through the session and have control on closure of the connection.

You need to use PoolByCri which can be configured by putting <application-managed-security> in the -ds.xml file
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJCACommon

"chavali" wrote :
  | I am connecting to legacy c++ server port. When I close the connection the legacy system should know that the socket Id is closed and depending on this the legacy system will lot other jobs.
  | Pleae suggest if this possible through JCA or there is any alternative for this.

The Jboss JCA will call the cleanup() on the ManagedConnection where you can clean any client specific state maintained .
It is called from here
 protected void managedConnectionDisconnected(ConnectionListener cl) throws ResourceException
  |    {
  |       //if there are no more handles, we can return to pool.
  |       if (cl.isManagedConnectionFree())
  |          returnManagedConnection(cl, false);
  |    }
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/connectionmanager/NoTxConnectionManager.java
You can find the similar call in this too
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/connectionmanager/TxConnectionManager.java

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130006#4130006

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130006