[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Install issue:Using different port to 8080 from jboss 4.

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 18 10:01:30 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : 14:18:58,468 ERROR [Naming] Could not start on port 1099

Probably some other application (or maybe another instance of JBoss) is using this port. See this http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DebugBindException

anonymous wrote :
  | 14:19:06,968 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not start deployment: file:/C:/apps/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml

Maybe this failed because of the earlier port related error. Not sure though. I would first fix the port related error and then see if this exception still occurs (in which case, post the updated logs).

anonymous wrote : Does JBoss reply on "hsqldb". Or can I configure and use say MYSQL?

JBoss by default uses HSQLDB for JMS related stuff. You can configure your own database instead of HSQLDB. The steps are mentioned at http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJBossMQDB. There are a couple of approaches mentioned in that wiki, so select the one which suits you best. And in case you are specifically interested in configuring it for MySQL then see this:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SetUpMysqlAsDefaultDS

anonymous wrote : Out of interest does any of the online documentation tell you about this?

I use the Wiki http://www.jboss.com/wiki/Wiki.jsp
the JBoss guide http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r1/html/index.html and the forums.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130133#4130133

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130133