[jboss-user] empty servlet responses

Stephen Davidson gorky at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 18 12:02:53 EST 2008

Hi Andreas.

It does not take long (generally only handles a few files at time, if more than
one at a time), but it is intermittent.  I don't really know how to look for it
specifically.  I have a GUI tool, gkrellm, that I use routinely.  It monitors
kernel processes separately from User Land processes, and every now and then,
one can see a spike there.  But it does aggregate totals, not by process.  That
tool might be useful in your case just for general system monitoring -- see if
any thing is spiking when you run into trouble.  Only reason I am thinking
filesystem, is you are reporting an increase in incidents when File IO is high.
 And it does monitor Filesystem activity as well.

I am thinking that this issue might be occurring when you are trying to read the
XML file from the hard disk -- not write to the output stream.  Just for the fun
of it, you might want to trace level log your file reads, and when the input
file is getting closed.  (Its just, this sounds like a short file read from the
HD to me, is all).

-Steve