[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to access variable of 'Element' type, Element being comp

meghanai_99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 18 22:58:07 EST 2008

Hello,

I have been trying to deploy a BPEL process that extracts number value from a variable declared as ElementType. The defintion of the element is

  | <xs:element name="parent">
  |     <xs:complexType>
  |       <xs:sequence>
  |         <xs:element name="child" type="xs:string" />
  |       </xs:sequence>
  |     </xs:complexType>
  |   </xs:element>

The variable declaration for this element is

  |   <variable name="parent" element="tns:parent" />

The expression I want to evaluate is something like this -

  |  <assign name="Calculate2">
  |       <copy>
  |         <from expression="bpws:getVariableData('parent', ?, '/tns:parent/tns:child)" />
  |         <to part="parameters" query="/ns8:UpdateItem/ns8:item/ns8:title" variable="aewebservices70_UpdateItem-UpdateItem" />
  |       </copy>
  |     </assign>

The reason I have provided '?' is there is no part name. I know you can directly write 'variable' and 'query' attributes but what if I want to use operator on that query e.g

  | number(/tns:parent/tns:child) div SomeOtherParent/SomeOtherChild

How does the BPEL look in that case? Assuming 'SomeOtherParent' is another element declared as complex type? I am using BPEL 1.1 specification.

Thanks,
Meghana

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130267#4130267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130267