[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Comparing JBoss Portal to Liferay or other portal produc

syllant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 03:52:10 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm sorry to add a less convinced review about JBP.

We've chosen JBP (2.6.2) because we wanted a technical oriented portal, i.e. a portal with a strong architecture and without too many user oriented features so we could build our product on top of it. We are so disappointed that we are about to drop it.

I must add that I had used several portals before, among them Liferay. I don't believe another one would have fit better than JBP, all of them have their own drawbacks.

But I just want to point that JBP architecture seems to be very flexible and extensible, but is actually very rigid in several points. I'll try to sum up them in another post later (build/deployment process, layout/theme architecture, page definitions, webapps architecture, ...) to be more constructive than here :-)

Concerning documentation, yes it's relatively good to start but forums are more useful when you known JBP basics. And you'll note that 1/3 of posts are not answered...

I'm sorry again to be less enthousiastic whereas I am on an JBP forum, but it's more interesting when there is a debate :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130302#4130302

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130302