[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - database batch insert

smartass33160 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 09:14:29 EST 2008

My goal is to insert rows into mysql database as fast as possible.
I have a pool of EJB 3.0 message driven beans which will handle this task.
The problem is that for each MDB triggered, I will have a transaction created, and a database commit.
I would like to know how it is possible to 'buffer' the insert within Hibernate. that way, even though each mdb commits, the sql driver will indeed commits in batch.
I've tried w/ "hibernate.jdbc.batch_size" in the persistence.xml, but it does not work.

thx for your help

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130413#4130413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130413