[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Comparing JBoss Portal to Liferay or other portal produc

swisst do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 11:04:09 EST 2008

My own two cents....

Your employer has two choices when it comes to paying for JBoss Portal.  Either your employer is going to pay for your time to figure out your issues (or lack of understanding) with using JBoss portal, or they could pay for training and a support contract.  I wish my employer would have bought a support contract!

I completely agree with Thomas.  If he and the other developers spend all of their time on unpaid support, this product would go nowhere!  For all of us on the free plan, this is a community effort.

There is no free lunch!  Either pay the upfront costs, or pay them with your research time.  Fortunately there is a lot of documentation, this forum, the wiki (please switch to Confluence :-) ),  and as a last resort, step through the code!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130452#4130452

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130452