[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: 2.6.4-GA (WSRP): Problem getting service description for

kahotep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 12:54:52 EST 2008

"chris.laprun at jboss.com" wrote : The login at the INFO can be ignored for now. Now, for the other issue, it seems that Machine2 is located behind a firewall... Please, see: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=WSRPOfflineInstructions

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  Both of the machines are located behind the same corporate firewall, and they are on the same router on my desk.

I checked the settings on the Windows machine and noted that the Windows Firewall is disabled, and there don't appear to be any other firewalls enabled through other programs such as Symantec's Anti Virus.

Though it doesn't seem as if there should be an issue, since the firewall is not between the two machines, I still set the firewall settings, as prescribed in the document.

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dhttp.proxyHost=10.120.12.169 -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 -DproxySet=true"

Are you certain that the issue is with a firewall?  The ports appeared to be open, when I did the portscan.  I am able to access the portal page itself from Machine1.  It seems as if they should be able to talk to each other by other means as well (WSRP) unless there is something I am missing.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130494#4130494

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130494