[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Comparing JBoss Portal to Liferay or other portal produc

syllant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 14:13:51 EST 2008

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : Well you come and complain that '1/3 of the posts are not answered' it means that 2/3 of the posts *are* answered.
Who did complain ?!? You read to fast Thomas ;-) Someone asks for advices about JBP, I note he'll have to read this forum but I warn him that many questions are not answered compared to other projects. I hadn't notice this ratio when I had selected JBP. What's wrong with that, isn't it true ? I am not complaining, I have posted 5/6 times, and then I've started to search in source code rather than here. That's all.

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : Also, we have ears open on design issues and a dedicated forum for that, if you don't participate, we can't hear your issues and solutions.
Bad point for you : I've filled 4 issues on Issue Tracker. First one was resolved, other ones are still opened without any comment (JBPORTAL-1833, JBPORTAL-1832, JBPORTAL-1811). Besides, you have stated I posted only questions in forums, I've also posted bugs and remarks, without response. This the first reason why I've stopped to contribute.

"thomas.heute at jboss.com" wrote : But i've met too many people who believes that opensource, is a place where they can take everything (including people's time) without having to give back, this is not my definition of opensource. I probably considered you as one of those a bit too fast. Sorry. I type faster than i calm down ;)
I'm working with OS projects for about 10 years, I'll send patches when I'm able to, I've created some modest projects myself, spending some time for support, I think I know the rules. And one of the rules is encouraging discussions with users. If you don't stand any criticism, I close the none-debate for myself, nevermind as I'll drop JBP from our architecure for our next release. This is the second reason why I don't contribute.

Please, read again the discussion to see how your reaction is misplaced. And note the Prabhat Jha's answer...

PS : I'm not sure to post my detailed notes when I see this type of reaction. Maybe this was intended for...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130512#4130512

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130512