[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Security role re-assignment

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 16:19:48 EST 2008

I'm in the midst of converting a weblogic webapp to jboss.  The weblogic app makes heavy use of a feature in weblogic.xml where you can assign a group of security roles to a new role for internal use in the app, eg:

  <security-role-assignment>
  |     <role-name>any-user</role-name>
  |     <principal-name>Admin</principal-name>
  |     <principal-name>Agents</principal-name>
  |     <principal-name>Partners</principal-name>
  |   </security-role-assignment>

I can then use HttpServletRequest.isUserInRole("any-user") instead of checking for each.

Is there an equivalent feature in JBoss?  Or am I faced with putting long strings of "or"s in my code?

TIA,

Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130541#4130541

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130541