[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: ClassCastException within an EAR deployment

heizenberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 18:07:59 EST 2008

I just saw what the problem is, even though I thought I already looked before.

The J2EE utility project I've deployed had the same libraries selected in both the tabs (J2EE Modules and Web Libraries) of the J2EE Module Dependencies settings (on Windows... this doesn't seem to happen on the Linux version of RHDS).

On looking at the deployment, it seems like every time I deploy the EAR, it copies the top level J2EE Utility project libraries into the root level of the EAR and ALSO into the lib folder of my WAR. It doesn't do this in Linux. In Windows, every time I unselect the utility projects in the Web Libraries tab, it comes back when I check the project options again. The only time this has worked, is when I went in and hit the 'Deselect All' button.

So the classloader issue has been straightened out for me, and I should report this as a RHDS bug.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130568#4130568

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130568