[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: The Interested Idea of Java Web Hosting

Kevinul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 19:59:53 EST 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : What do you mean by "provide shared web hosting to people"? Are you saying that you want to host web sites or web applications for numerous people, where each person has his or her own "web site"?  Based on the description of cPanel, I think that is what you are asking. Personally, I do not know of any web hosting software written Java, maybe others can chime in.

Oh, really? Hopefully the marketing team of Sun M... can shead more light to people of the web hosting industry, and this could be nice.

Anyone know a project of this, or what it would be called technically?

"PeterJ" wrote : Also, as far as I know there are no automatic conversion tools to convert php code into JSPs.

I didn't mean that, sorry. I meant to migrate from coding from PHP to JSP, and able to code web applications of their own and yes their own web site.

I know JSP is Java and HTML, but hopefully I'll be able to understand Java, and able to code well with it and show the people what Java really can do (If it can do it, of course, I could be be wrong.).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130594#4130594

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130594